I, Hannah, of sound body and mind do post these rules under the new acknowledgement that my body is a temple and is to be treated as such. I acknowledge that I can fail as a human and fall into the temptation to be self loathing and overly critical to the body I have been given and this is a post in good faith that I will learn to love my body just as it is for what it is
simply a useful container for a beautiful and eternal soul.
1. No more pinching fat to see if it’s still there — it either is or it’s not.
2. I’m going to eat with enthusiasm the food that gives me energy to carry on the life I love — occasionally this will include chocolate and wine and that’s not something to go on a guilt trip about.
3. I’m going to exercise to keep strength in the body so that when I say “Here am I, Lord, send me” I will be physically strong enough to go wherever that may be.
4. I will take rest days and let my body recoup.
5. I will be kind to myself and to others as we all walk the pathways set down for us.
6. I will refuse negative talk about my body, and help people around me refuse such talk about theirs — self criticism is only a downer.
7. For every negative word said about any body around me I will find five positive things to say.
8. I will eat cake when the occasion is right, and I will enjoy the crap out of it
9. I will stop complaining whenever something hurts — it’s annoying and it doesn’t get me anywhere
10. I will surround myself, fill myself, and help others find: JOY in themselves, in God, in life.